COVID-19 Camp Safety Protocols
St. Mary's Academy is requiring that all campers be fully vaccinated
The Oregon Health Authority states that people who are up to date with vaccinations are less likely to develop severe COVID-19 infection and transmit COVID-19 to others.
Daily Pre-Screening at Home
Families are encouraged to monitor campers for signs of illness and keep campers home when exhibiting symptoms. The Oregon Department of Education describes the following as primary COVID-19 symptoms:
- Temperature of 100.4 or higher
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Face Covering: Wearing a face mask is optional. The OHA recommends that staff and campers wear masks indoors when the level of community COVID in Multnomah County is high.
- Food: Eat a balanced breakfast before you arrive to camp in the morning. Bring a sack lunch to enjoy during camp. SMA will provide pre-packaged snacks.
- Cohort Groups: Each camp is kept intentionally small with a maximum of 24 campers, and there is minimal interaction with students from other camps.
- Cleaning/Sanitizing: High touch surfaces will be sanitized throughout the day, and touchless hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.