Athletic Eligibility and Forms
In order for a student to be eligible to participate in athletic tryouts, practices or competitions at St. Mary's Academy they must complete the following steps PRIOR to any participation:
- Be registered to attend St. Mary's Academy and be academically eligible.
- Read the 2020-21 SMA Student-Athlete Handbook and agree to follow school policies.
- Complete the online registration process on FamilyID (see link below).
- Have a current athletic physical on the state-mandated, OSAA School Sports Pre-Participation Examination form on file in the SMA Athletic Department (physicals are good for 2 years from date of exam). The date of the current exam on file can be found on a student's FamilyID account page. As of 5/22/2020 there has been no change to state laws mandating students have a current athletic physical on file at the school prior to athletic participation. Please plan ahead if your daughter needs to have this completed prior to starting athletics at St. Mary's, no exceptions will be allowed.
- Pay the $175 athletic participation fee (exception for alpine & Nordic skiers). This can be done through Family ID or via check made out to St. Mary's Academy submitted to the Athletic Department.
- Read, complete and return the SMA Athletic Commitment Agreement. A copy of this must be turned into the athletic office PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION.
- All other agreements and information must be filled in through the online sports registration below.
- Returned or paid for all outstanding or damaged school-owned uniforms.
- Pay for all team photos ordered from previous seasons.
*** PLEASE NOTE: Even if your daughter has already participated in athletics at SMA last school year & you have previously submitted the online forms in FamilyID, parents must log back to FamilyID and indicate which current sport your daughter plans to participate in this season.Click here for additional instructions on setting up an account on the FamilyID website to register for athletics. Note: This is not related to the SMA "FamilyLink" system.