St. Mary’s Academy Alumnae Council proudly hosts the
2018 Academy Awards
Friday, May 4, 2018
St. Mary’s Academy Commons
The Academy Awards is a special tradition that honors a St. Mary's graduate whose outstanding accomplishments exemplify the spirit and mission of St. Mary's Academy in one or more of the following categories:
- Outstanding Achievement in Innovation. This award is given to an alumna who is outstanding because of her success in a STEM field (science, technology, engineering or math).
- Outstanding Achievement in Leadership. This award recognizes an alumna whose extensive and effective leadership contributions within her community or career field are extraordinary.
- Outstanding Achievements in the Arts. This award celebrates the achievements of an alumna who has thrived in the visual or performing arts or arts education.
- Outstanding Achievement in Athletics. This award showcases a dedicated alumna who embodies the true spirit of sport and sportsmanship through involvement in athletics during her time at St. Mary’s and beyond it.
- Outstanding Service to the Community. This award recognizes an alumna who has provided exemplary dedication to her community through service to others.
2018 Academy Award Recipients
Da’Love Woods ‘00 - Achievement in Athletics & Community Service
Sarina Rodrigues Saturn ’93 - Achievement in Innovation (Science)
Aimee Davison Tarlow ‘93 - Achievement in Innovation (Technology)
Christine Nyhart Kaplan ‘83 - Achievement in the Arts
Louise Pearson ‘73 - Achievement in Leadership