Each year, St. Mary's Academy accepts a small number of international students who are studying as a part of an exchange student program or are on an F-1 student visa. The school does not arrange for homestays, so students must make their own arrangements.
Successful applicants will have strong English proficiency and an enthusiasm to join our school community. We encourage international students to join one of our 12 athletic teams, become a member of one of our special interest clubs, or participate in a co-curricular activity such as our science mentorship program or dance company.
All application forms are found in the Admissions Portal along with a convenient checklist to track your progress. Admissions for international applicants are handled on a rolling admissions deadline. You will receive your decision within two weeks of completion of all of the following steps:
- Create an account in the Admissions Portal
- Submit admissions application and fee
- English Teacher Recommendation
- Math Teacher Recommendation
- Transcripts - we require all two years of school records
- Test scores - we require one set of standardized test scores, and will accept a variety of tests show English proficiency, these may include TOEFL, TOEFL Jr, SSAT, ISEE, or the HSPT.
- Interview - for applicants who are able to visit Portland, we will schedule a campus visit and interview on the same day. All others will be offered a skype interview.
International students are required to pay the Actual Cost of Education (ACE) at St. Mary's Academy. For the 2019-2020 school year, ACE tuition is $21,295. Tuition includes an iPad used for school purposes.
Families should budget additional funds for textbooks, participation in sports, optional retreats, and the following fees:
$350 Enrollment fee due with Confirmation of Attendance
$300 Academic fee, paid annually
St. Mary's Academy is able to offer an I-20 for the F-1 visa upon receipt of the Enrollment Fee and the Confirmation of Attendance form. Students who will apply for an F-1 visa, must submit the following documents once offered admission:
- Copy of passport
- Proof of ability to pay tuition (Certificate of Deposit from bank)