Ambassador Application 2018-2019
Ambassadors are sophomores, juniors and seniors represent St. Mary's to prospective students and parents through events such as our annual Open House, and serve as shadow visit hosts. We invite anyone who is proud to be a St. Mary’s student and would like to be part of a rewarding experience to give back to the SMA community to apply.
As an Ambassador, you volunteer your time, energy, and school spirit at five events throughout the year and serve on an assigned committee. A good Ambassador has genuine excitement about SMA, strong communication skills, including prompt e-mail correspondence, has a positive attitude, works well in small and large groups, and is friendly, reliable, and self-directed. If you feel you have these qualities, we encourage you to apply to be an Ambassador by completing the steps outlined below. All non-returning applicants to the program must attend one information session in order to apply.
- Maintain good academic standing (C’s or better), and remain in good standing as far as conduct is concerned. This includes maintaining dress code and satisfactory school attendance.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and uphold the mission and values of St. Mary’s Academy at all times, especially discussing your SMA experiences with others and posting on social media.
- Understand that you represent SMA at all times – both in and outside of school. This means that you will carry yourself with respect and a sense of pride.
- Volunteer for at least five (5) Ambassador Events during the year, including New Ambassador Training in August 2018 and Open House in October 2018. Attendance at these events is mandatory.
- Actively participate on an assigned committee by attending all meetings and required events.
Wednesday, April 18……….Information session during lunch in the PAC
or Tuesday, April 24…………………Information session during lunch in the PAC
Monday, April 30……….……….Application materials and interview sign-ups due by 3:30 p.m. (absolutely NO extensions) - see the Schoology group after attending an information session for complete list of requirements.
May 7-11……..………………….....Interviews for all applicants
Thursday, May 17……………..Pick up your decision letter during Activity Block in the Cafeteria
Thursday, May 24 ......................Commitment contracts due to the Admissions Office by 3:30 pm (absolutely NO extensions)
Questions? See Mary Worlein in the Admissions Office (103a in Senior Hall) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.