Freshman Application Checklist
The following are important dates and deadlines for students applying to be freshmen in the St. Mary's Class of 2023.
This checklist does not apply to transfer or international applicants. Please visit the Transfer and International Students webpage for further information.
- Spend a shadow day at SMA. Shadow visits for 8th graders begin in October and end in April. Early scheduling is recommended as dates fill up quickly.
- Take the High School Placement Test. Testing is offered Saturday, December 1, 2018 from 8:45am to 1:00pm. and Monday, December 3, 2018 from 3:30pm to 7:30pm at St. Mary's Academy. If the Placement Test is taken at another Catholic high school, request that scores are sent to St. Mary's. If you miss the December Placement Test, contact the Office of Admissions to learn about make-up options. Call 503-721-7725 to learn more.
- Submit an online application by January 18, 2019.
- Apply for financial aid (if applicable) by January 18, 2019.
- Apply for endowed scholarships (optional). Completed applications must be received by the Office of Admissions by January 28, 2019.
- Request teacher recommendations/7th and 8th grade transcripts via SchoolAdmin One. All applicants are required to submit English, math, and Principal/Counselor recommendations. Transcripts and recommendations are due to St. Mary's by no later than February 4, 2019.
- Attend a Family Interview. In January, the Office of Admissions will contact all applicants to schedule their Family Interview. All applicants must attend an interview on one of the following dates:
- Thursday, January 31, 2019, 4-8pm
- Saturday, February 2, 2019, 12-4pm
- Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 4-8pm
- Decision letters. All decision and financial aid award letters will be mailed to families on March 14, 2019. The Attendance Confirmation Agreement form and registration fee of $250 are due on or before April 3, 2019.