The application process shown below is for students applying to 9th grade for the 2022-2023 school year. If you are currently in high school, seeking to transfer to St. Mary’s, please view our transfer applicant admissions page.
- Create an account in our Admissions Portal to access all forms.
- Register to take the High School Placement Test (HSPT)
- The Admissions Application is available after October 1. For priority consideration, submit the following forms by January 14, 2022.
- Admissions Application (demographics & $65 fee)
- Student Questionnaire
- Parent Questionnaire
- School Records and Teacher Recommendation Forms - Forms to request school records, and English, Math, and Principal/Counselor recommendations will be available in early December. For priority consideration, please submit by February 2. If you have already requested teacher recs as part of another Catholic high school admissions application, you should link the original rec to your SMA application.
- Family Interview - Scheduling is available for applicants in December, with appointment dates in January and February.
- (Optional) Virginia Mathews Merit-Based Scholarships - Questions will be available in November, responses due January 24, 2022.
- (Optional) Apply for financial aid - FACTS financial aid application is reviewed separately from a student admissions application. These are available by November 1, and require you to submit 2020 tax returns and W-2s. Submit all forms by January 14, 2022.
Applicants who meet the deadlines above will receive their admission and financial aid/scholarship decisions via email at 5pm, March 11, 2022.
Relocating to Portland?
The online application makes it easy for families to apply from any location. Please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the application timeline, testing and interview options, and how we can support you in your move to Portland.