If you are interested in applying for the 2019-20 school year, please contact our office (503-721-7728, email@example.com) for a modified application process. We look forward to getting to know you! All application materials may be found in the Admissions Portal:
1. Shadow day at SMA Join us for a day at SMA to experience our school community. Visits are available October through February. Early scheduling is recommended as dates fill up quickly.
2. Submit an online application - Application found in the Admissions Portal. Submit by January 17, 2020
3. Register for the the High School Placement Test (for Grade 9 applicants only)
4. Record Release and Teacher Recommendation Forms - English, Math, and Principal/Counselor recommendations are required by February 3, 2020. Request forms in the Admissions Portal.
5. Family Interview. Online you have submitted your application and paid the application fee, you will be able to schedule your interview online in the Admissions Portal. Applicants to grade 9 will schedule on one of the following dates Jan 30, Feb 1 or 4. During this 20 minute conversation with a faculty or staff member, we hope to learn more about your family and answer your questions.
- Financial Aid applications due January 17
- Scholarship applications due January 27
Relocating to Portland?
The online application makes it easy for families to apply from any location. While we encourage a campus visit, it is not required. We can schedule your family interview over SKYPE, and for applicants to 9th grade, we will discuss testing options. Please contact the Admissions Office to discuss the application timeline and how we can support you in your move to Portland.