It's not too late to apply for the 2020-2021 school year! Please review the application steps below, and know that we will work with you on deadlines. All application materials may be found in the Admissions Portal. We look forward to getting to know you!
1. Shadow day at SMA Join us for a day at SMA to experience our school community. Visits are available October through February. Early scheduling is recommended as dates fill up quickly.
2. Submit an online application - Application found in the Admissions Portal. For priority consideration, submit by January 17. Applicants who submit after this date will be contacted with a modified timeline.
3. Register for the the High School Placement Test (for Grade 9 applicants only)
4. Record Release and Teacher Recommendation Forms - English, Math, and Principal/Counselor recommendations are required. For priority consideration, please submit by February 3, 2020. All forms may be found in the Admissions Portal.
5. Family Interview. Once you have submitted your application and paid the application fee, you will be able to schedule your interview online in the Admissions Portal. Applicants who submit their applications by the end of January will schedule on one of the following dates Jan 30, Feb 1 or 4. During this 20 minute conversation with a faculty or staff member, we hope to learn more about your family and answer your questions.
- Financial Aid applications due January 17
- Scholarship applications due January 27
Relocating to Portland?
The online application makes it easy for families to apply from any location. While we encourage a campus visit, it is not required. We can schedule your family interview over SKYPE, and for applicants to 9th grade, we will discuss testing options. Please contact the Admissions Office (email@example.com or 503-228-8306) to discuss the application timeline and how we can support you in your move to Portland.