The application process shown below is for students applying to 9th grade for the 2022-2023 school year. If you are currently in high school, seeking to transfer to St. Mary’s, please view our transfer applicant admissions page.
- Create an account in our Admissions Portal to access all forms.
- If you did not take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) this year, contact the Admissions Office for alternatives.
- The Admissions Application and all forms are found in the Admissions Portal. For priority consideration, submit the following forms by January 14, 2022. After January 14, we operate on a rolling admissions basis.
- Admissions Application (demographics and $65 fee)
- Student Questionnaire
- Parent Questionnaire
- School Records and Teacher Recommendation Forms - For priority consideration, please submit by February 2. If you have already requested teacher recs as part of another Catholic high school admissions application, you should link the original rec to your SMA application.
- Family Interview - Join us for a 20-minute conversation with a faculty member.
- (Optional) Virginia Mathews Merit-Based Scholarships - forms available in the Admissions Portal, responses due January 24, 2022. Late applications not accepted.
- (Optional) Apply for financial aid and need-based scholarships- FACTS financial aid application is reviewed separately from a student admissions application. Submit the FACTS application, 2020 tax returns and W-2s by January 14, 2022 for priority consideration. Applications received after January 14 will be reviewed based upon available funds.
Applicants to Grade 9 who meet the priority deadlines above will receive their admission and financial aid/scholarship decisions via email at 5pm, March 11, 2022.
Relocating to Portland?
The online application makes it easy for families to apply from any location. Please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the application timeline, testing and interview options, and how we can support you in your move to Portland.