The application process below is for students applying to 9th grade for the 2021-2022 school year. Applicants who meet the deadlines below will receive their admissions decision on March 12. If you are currently in high school, seeking to transfer to St. Mary’s, please view our transfer applicant admissions page.
2. Submit an online application - For priority consideration, submit by January 15.
3. Writing Assessment - this 15-minute writing assessment is proctored online for all applicants. The unscored writing sample provides the admission committee with a feel for prospective student written communication skills and overall thought organization. Students may submit a writing sample proctored at one of the other Portland-area Catholic Schools. Register for the assessment at SMA in the Admissions Portal or online here.
4. School Records and Teacher Recommendation Forms - Forms to request school records, and English, Math, and Principal/Counselor recommendations will be available on December 5. For priority consideration, please submit by February 2.
5. Family Interview - conducted in late January/early February. Scheduling will become available to applicants this fall.
6. Apply for financial aid and scholarships - applications will be available November 1.
- Financial Aid applications due January 15
- Scholarship applications due January 25
Applicants who meet the deadlines above will receive their admission and financial aid/scholarship decisions on March 11.
Relocating to Portland?
The online application makes it easy for families to apply from any location. Please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the application timeline and how we can support you in your move to Portland.