There are a few things that you can do to improve the performance and battery life of the iPad. This is especially important with older models. A few of these are "set it and forget it". Others are things to do regularly.
Check 1-2 times per month (or when iPad is slow or 'glitchy'):
- Open Safari and be sure there are no more than 5 tabs.
- Close Apps running in the background by double tapping the home button and swiping up the Apps you are not actively using.
- Delete non-school Apps, files, music, photos or videos that you no longer use.
- Be sure you have updated to the latest iOS. Settings > General > Software Update.
Set it and forget it:
- Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion and turn it ON.
- Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast > Reduce Transparency > ON.
- Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock and select 2, 5, 10 or 15 minutes. DO NOT select Never as that will drain your battery very quickly.
- Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turn it OFF for all Apps.
- Settings > Notifications. Go into each App on the list and turn OFF "Allow Notifications". If there is an App you want to have notifications it is okay to use it but we recommend turning OFF "Sounds" and "Show on Lock Screen".
- Settings > Bluetooth and turn it OFF (if you are not using a keyboard).
If you have any questions please email Tech Help.