There are a few things that you can do to improve the performance of the iPad. This is especially important with older models. A few of these are "set it and forget it". Others are things to do regularly.
Check 1-2 times per month (or when iPad is slow or 'glitchy'):
- Open Safari and be sure there are no more than 5 tabs.
- Close Apps running in the background by double tapping the home button and swiping up the Apps you are not actively using.
- Delete non-school Apps, files, music, photos or videos that you no longer use.
- Be sure you have updated to the latest iOS. Settings > General > Software Update.
Set it and forget it:
- Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion and turn it ON.
- Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast > Reduce Transparency > ON.
- Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock and select 2, 5, 10 or 15 minutes. DO NOT select Never as that will drain your battery very quickly.
- Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turn it OFF for all Apps.
- Settings > Bluetooth and turn it OFF (if you are not using a keyboard).
If you have any questions please email Tech Help.