There are a few things that you can do to improve the performance, storage and battery life of the iPad. This is especially important with older models.
Check 1-2 times per month (especially when iPad is slow or sluggish):
- Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data
- Close Apps running in the background by double tapping the home button and swiping up the Apps you are not actively using.
- Delete non-school Apps, files, music, photos or videos that you no longer use.
- Delete projects in iMovie, Explain Everything, etc. that you are no longer working on.
- Settings > General > Software Update > Download/Install
Set it and forget it:
- Settings > iTunes & App Store > Offload Unused Apps and turn it ON.
- Settings > Photos > Optimize iPad Storage and turn it on by tapping it and a check mark will appear.
- Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion and turn it ON.
- Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast > Reduce Transparency > ON.
- Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock and select 2, 5, 10 or 15 minutes. DO NOT select Never as that will drain your battery very quickly.
- Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turn it OFF for all Apps.
- Settings > Notifications. Go into each App on the list and turn OFF "Allow Notifications". If there is an App you want to have notifications it is okay to use it but we recommend turning OFF "Sounds" and "Show on Lock Screen".
If you have any questions please email Tech Help.