Academics at SMA
St. Mary's Academy provides a learning environment in which members of the community feel challenged, supported, and involved. Through a wholistic partnership between the faculty and the young women who attend, graduates will have attained the following identified Learner Expectations.
Students graduating from St. Mary’s Academy:
- Read critically and effectively for a variety of purposes;
- Demonstrate effective verbal communication;
- Communicate effectively in writing;
- Listen effectively and critically;
- Utilize and critically evaluate a variety of resources; including the use of digital tools to construct knowledge and create content;
- Employ effective and creative strategies in reasoning, problem solving ethical decisionmaking, and leverage the power of technological methods to develop and test solutions;
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in a variety of forms;
- Demonstrate understanding and respect for diverse cultures and tradition;
- Demonstrate a strong sense of integrity and a deep respect for self and others;
- Demonstrate a willingness to embrace the call to be women of faith;
- Demonstrate a willingness to explore academic and creative passions.