Director of Communications
- St. Mary’s Academy is a Catholic high school for young women that provides a challenging college-preparatory education in a supportive learning environment.
- In the heart of downtown Portland, Ore., St. Mary's Academy is located off Southwest Fifth Avenue near Portland State University between Mill and Market streets.
- The mission of St. Mary’s is to educate the whole person by nurturing spirituality, encouraging creativity, promoting justice and inspiring a sense of global interdependence to prepare students for service and leadership.
- Founded in 1859 by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, St. Mary’s Academy is Oregon’s oldest continuously operating secondary school.
- St. Mary’s Academy is Oregon’s only school to have received three U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon Schools awards.
- Young women from more than 30 urban, suburban and rural communities in Oregon and Southwest Washington comprise the student body at St. Mary's Academy.
- With a diverse student body, there is no such thing as a typical St. Mary’s student. Furthermore, students do not wear uniforms and have not since the late 1970s.
- The school colors are white and blue, and the mascot is an eighth note dubbed “Ella." The team name is the Blues.