2015-2016 STUDENT ATHLETE HANDBOOK
All forms must be submitted to St. Mary's athletic department prior to participating in any athletic activity including: tryouts, practice, or competition. For more information about St. Mary's athlete rules and regulations, guidelines and policies, please refer to our 2015 -2016 Student Athlete Handbook.
WHAT FORMS DO I NEED TO TURN IN TO PLAY?
The following forms/fee must be turned in to the SMA Athletic Dept. Office by 4 PM on August 14th in order for students to participate in any fall 2015 athletic activity, tryouts or practices (cross country, soccer & volleyball) :
• Parental Permission & Athlete's Contract (annual)
• OSAA Concussion: Private School Consent Form (annual; return to SMA)
•Emergency Medical History Card (annual; updated as needed)
•School Sports Pre-Participation Examination (biennial)
• ImPACT Consent Form (for soccer, basketball, alpine & nordic ski, lacrosse, pole vault athletes)
• $150 Participation Fee (per season fee; please indicate sport on check)
BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN ANY SPORT, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE.
CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY STATUS ON FAMILYLINK
Students and their parents can check on the current status of their athletic eligibility forms via FamilyLink on the school website. Parent permission and emergency medical forms are good for the current school year; athletic physicals are good for two years from the date of the exam and must be on the state-mandated form available on our website.
ImPact tests are administered to students every other year. If your student needs to be tested, a current consent form will need to be turned in as well.
To access your daughter’s athletic eligibility:
** Incoming freshmen and transfer students will receive their FamilyLink information in late August. In this case, these parents/students are welcome to contact the Athletic Office to ask for assistance in checking on their student's athletic clearance status.
- Go to the school website www.stmaryspdx.org and click on FamilyLink.
- Log in to your student’s FamilyLink page by entering her login name and password.
- Once you are on your student’s FamilyLink page, on the left side menu under the red heading “Student,” select “Guidance” (ninth option down in the blue box). This will display the dates of the student’s most current forms on file in the SMA Athletic Office.
Make sure to have the following forms turned in to the Athletic Department prior to the first day of tryouts in order to be eligible.
* All uniforms issued from previous seasons must be returned or paid for in order for students to be eligible for future athletic participation.
Parent Permission Form and Athlete's Contract
Form for parents to authorize their student to participate in sports, along with student consent to adhere to athletics rules and regulations.
OSAA Private School Consent Form
Consent form for parents of private school students pertaining to concussion and Jenna's Law policies.
Sports Pre-Participation Physical Exam Form
Form for students and parents to complete with medical history background information.
Emergency Medical History Card
Form for parents to list Emergency Medical Contact information
Athletic Department Transportation Authorization Form
Form for parents to authorize their student to ride with another parent, to provide a ride to another student or utilize public transportation.
IMPACT Consent Form
Students participating in soccer, basketball, alpine skiing, lacrosse and pole vault must submit this form for testing every other year.
OSAA Return to Participation Medical Release Form
Form for parents of students who have been diagnosed with a concussion to have the student's physician complete and return to athletic director prior to student returning to athletic participation.
College Athletics Transcript Request Form
The transcript request form athletes use when college recruiters need their information.