In order for a student to be eligible to participate in athletic tryouts, practices or competitions at St. Mary's Academy they must complete the following steps PRIOR to any participation:
- Be registered to attend St. Mary's Academy and be academically eligible.
- Complete the online registration process on FamilyID (see link below).
- Have a current athletic physical on the state-mandated, OSAA School Sports Pre-Participation Examination form on file in the SMA Athletic Department (physicals are good for 2 years from date of exam). The date of the current exam on file can be found on a student's FamilyID account page.
- Pay the $155 athletic participation fee (exception for alpine & Nordic skiers). This can be done through Family ID or via check made out to St. Mary's Academy submitted to the Athletic Department.
- If your daughter is participating in soccer, basketball, alpine or Nordic skiing, lacrosse or pole vault they must submit the IMPACT Consent form in order to take the neurocognitive baseline test in case they suffer a concussion during the season.
*** PLEASE NOTE: Even if your daughter has already participated in athletics at SMA last school year & you have previously submitted the online forms in FamilyID, parents must log back to FamilyID and indicate which current sport your daughter plans to participate in this season.
Submit online via the FamilyID link below:
• Parent Permission Form and Athlete's Contract (annual)
Form for parents to authorize their student to participate in sports, along with
student consent to adhere to athletics rules and regulations.
• OSAA Private School Consent Form (annual)
Consent form for parents of private school students pertaining to concussion and
Jenna's Law policies.
• Emergency Medical History Card (annual)
Form for parents to list Emergency Medical Contact information.
• $155 Participation Fee (per season fee)
Click here for additional instructions on setting up an account on the FamilyID website to register for athletics. Note: This is not related to the SMA "FamilyLink" system.
* Additionally, all uniforms issued from previous seasons must be returned or paid for, as well as team photos IOU's paid, in order for students to be eligible for future athletic participation.
OTHER ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT FORMS
Athletic Department Transportation Authorization Form
Form for parents to authorize their student to ride with another parent, to provide a ride to another student or utilize public transportation.
OSAA Return to Participation Medical Release Form
Form for parents of students who have been diagnosed with a concussion to have the student's physician complete and return to athletic director prior to student returning to athletic participation.
College Athletics Transcript Request Form
The transcript request form athletes use when college recruiters need their information.