St. Mary's Academy accepts transfer student applications for entry in the fall as well as mid-year entry for the second semester in late January. The first step for any student interested in transferring is to schedule a shadow visit and experience student-life firsthand. This will help allow your daughter to decide if she would like to move forward with a transfer application.
Transfer applications are handled on an individual basis and no set deadlines are established. Applicants for fall term are encouraged to submit their applications for admission by April 1, 2016, especially if the family has applied for financial aid. Admission to the school always precedes financial aid decisions.
Minimum Admissions Standards
- A 2.0 GPA with no D or F grades in core subjects.
- Satisfactory behavioral and attendance records.
- Satisfactory recommendations from current principal, math and English teachers.
- Successful completion of appropriate number of credit hours for current status to reach fulfillment of the St. Mary's Academy graduation requirements.
Transfer Student Admission Process Checklist
- Schedule a Shadow Visit and experience the SMA community firsthand.
- Attend our Open House on Sunday, November 1 from 1-4pm. To ensure a meaningful experience for our guests we recommend families with last names starting with A-L arrive between 1-2pm and M-Z arrive after 2pm. Final tours will be given at 3:15pm.
- Begin the Online Application process.
- Apply for Financial Aid (if applicable) by April 1, 2016.
- Request Teacher Recommendations and Transcripts.
All applicants are required to submit an English, math, and Principal or Counselor Recommendation form. Recommendation forms are submitted online and students can only access the online request form once they have submitted an application. You will see the link to access these forms in the Application Submission Confirmation page. All applicants are required to submit recent transcripts. Transfer applicants must submit high school transcripts. Transcript requests are done online using the same link as recommendation requests.
- Attend an Applicant Interview. After receiving the completed application for admission, the Office of Admissions will contact you to schedule an interview to discuss your desires to transfer, your educational goals, and your previous educational experiences.
Admission decisions are usually mailed to applicants within two weeks of completion of the application process.