St. Mary's Academy accepts transfer student applications for entry in the fall as well as mid-year entry for the second semester in late January. The first step for any student interested in transfering is to schedule a shadow visit and experience student-life firsthand. This will help allow your daughter to decide if she would like to move forward with a transfer application.
Transfer applications are handled on an individual basis and no set deadlines are established. Applicants for fall term are encouraged to submit their applications for admission by April 1, 2014, especially if the family has applied for financial aid. Admission to the school always precedes financial aid decisions.
Minimum Admissions Standards
- A 2.0 GPA with no D or F grades in core subjects.
- Satisfactory behavioral and attendance records.
- Satisfactory recommendations from current principal, math and English teachers.
- Successful completion of appropriate number of credit hours for current status to reach fulfillment of the St. Mary's Academy graduation requirements.
Transfer Student Admission Process Checklist
- Schedule a Shadow Visit and experience the SMA community firsthand.
- Click here to begin the online application process.
- Submit the below forms to your current high school.
- If applicable, families should complete the PSAS Student Aid Form by April 1, 2014. Once completed it must be mailed to the processing center in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Applicant Interview: After receiving the completed application for admission, the Admissions Office will contact you to schedule an interview to discuss your desires to transfer, your educational goals, and your previous educational experiences.
Admission decisions are usually mailed to applicants within two weeks of completion of the application process.