Quick link to the Student Financial Aid Form for Freshman Applicants for the 2015-2016 year.
Each year, St. Mary's Academy offers ten (10) $1,000 merit-based scholarships to incoming ninth graders. Five scholarships commend dedication to leadership and service and five acknowledge academic achievement. Students must qualify to apply for the academic scholarship by placing in the 90th percentile nationally on the HSPT. These scholarships are non-renewable and will be applied toward freshman year tuition.
St. Mary's also offers renewable endowed scholarships. Each scholarship has its own eligibility criteria and selection process. All applicants for endowed scholarship must demonstrate a need for financial assistance to attend St. Mary's Academy.
- Scholarship opportunities for the Class of 2019 will be posted by December 1, 2014. Please note: Students must qualify to apply for an Academic Scholarship by placing in the 90th percentile nationally on the High School Placement Test.
- Applications are due to the Office of Admissions by January 30, 2015.
- Notification of Scholarship Awards will be mailed with admission decision letters on March 13, 2015.
Financial Aid Program
St. Mary's is committed to enrolling students from diverse economic, ethnic, racial and social backgrounds. As part of that commitment the school has a financial aid program for families who would otherwise be unable to consider St. Mary's as an option for their daughter's education.
Types of Aid
St. Mary's provides two types of tuition assistance.
- Tuition reduction of $200 per student is provided to families with more than one daughter enrolled at one time.
- St. Mary's awards financial aid to families on a needs-basis only. Families must apply to be considered for aid.
Should I Apply for Financial Aid?
St. Mary's encourages all families who feel that they will need assistance in meeting the cost of tuition to apply for financial aid. Often, families will ask for guidelines to help determine if they will be eligible for aid. However, each family's circumstances are unique and generate a response that is appropriate only for them.
Financial aid is awarded to the families most in need among the families who apply for aid in a given year. Factors that influence award decisions include such things as family income, assets, number of children and of those, the number attending tuition-charging institutions (excluding universities), and outside scholarships and grants.
Financial aid decisions are made by a finance committee and are determined outside of the admissions process. A family's ability to pay is not part of the admission criteria.
How to Apply
Freshman applicants: You may print the application form and send it by mail, or apply online.
- Complete the Sudent Aid Form for Freshman Applicants. This form is to be filled out by applicants for the Class of 2019. Completed forms should be mailed directly to the processing center in Ohio and must be postmarked by January 16, 2015.
- Click here for instructions on how to complete the 2015-2016 Student Aid Form online.
Transfer applicants and returning students: Complete the Transfer and Returning Student Aid Application Form that will ne available in January of 2015. This form is to be filled out by transfer applicant and returning student families for the 2015-2016 school year. Completed forms should be mailed directly to the processing center in Ohio and must be postmarked by April 1, 2015.
To complete the forms, you will need the family's most recent tax return and W-2 information. If this information does not reflect your financial position for the following year, please submit adjusted information and a written explanation. Once completed, mail it to PSAS, along with the processing fee.
Please do not send Financial Aid applications to St. Mary’s.
Completed forms should be mailed to:
PRIVATE SCHOOL AID SERVICE
P.O. BOX 89434
CLEVELAND, OHIO 44101-6434
Questions call: (440) 892-4272
The most important step to ensure you are considered for financial aid is to have your forms postmarked by the following dates:
Entering ninth grade: January 16, 2015
All others: April 1, 2015
Forms received after the deadline will not be considered in the first round of financial aid decisions. If funds remain after the first round, late applications will be reviewed.
- January 16, 2015
Financial aid applications for ninth grade students must be postmarked by this date.
- March 13, 2015
Financial aid decisions for ninth graders are mailed on this day.
- April 1, 2015
Financial aid forms for students grades 10 through 12 must be postmarked by this date.
Questions regarding the PSAS Financial Aid Application forms or the financial aid program can be answered by St. Mary's Finance Office.