St. Mary’s Academy administers Scholastic Testing Service’s (STS) High School Placement Test (HSPT) to all eighth-grade applicants. Please note that while the name of the test implies "placement," St. Mary's uses the test scores to determine qualification for admission and eligibility for the Academic Scholarships, not for class placement after being admitted.
Please note: Transfer applicants do not need to take the HSPT. It is only an admissions requirement for eighth-grade applicants.
Click here for driving directions and parking options for St. Mary's Academy
• St. Mary’s administers the placement test on Saturday, December 3, 2016 from 8:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Students are encouraged to sign up for the Saturday test. SMA also administers the test on Monday, December 5, 2016 from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• Once the test is underway, SMA Administrators and Admissions Director Mary Worlein will hold a parent information meeting to review how to read test results and explain how St. Mary's uses the test scores. The Saturday parent meeting will be held in the student commons and will begin at 9:00 am. The Monday parent meeting will begin at 3:45 pm.
• Parents are welcome to explore downtown or wait in our school commons as students take the test. As it is a timed test, they will not be finished before the noted end time.
• The test is taken only once and we encourage students to take it at the school of their first choice.
• Indicate on the registration form if you wish for St. Mary’s to send your HSPT scores to another Portland area Catholic high school.
• The fee for the exam is $25. Pencils and a snack during break time are included with this fee.