St. Mary’s Academy administers the Scholastic Testing Service’s (STS) High School Placement Test (HSPT) to all eighth-grade applicants. St. Mary’s uses the test scores to determine qualification for admission and eligibility for the Academic Scholarships.
Please note: Transfer applicants do not need to take the HSPT. It is only an admissions requirement for freshman applicants.
• St. Mary’s administers the placement exam on Saturday, December 7, 2013 from 8:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The test will conclude at 1:00pm and students will enjoy an Italian Soda Party from 1-1:30 p.m. Students are encourage to sign up for the Saturday test. SMA also administers the test on Monday, December 9, 2013 from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• Online registration closes on Wednesday, December 4th. If you are registering after that time please call the Office of Admissions at 503-721-7725 to inquire about space.
• Once the test is underway, SMA Administrators will hold a parent information meeting to review how to read test results and explain how St. Mary's uses the test scores. The Saturday parent meeting will be held in the student commons and will begin at 9:00 am. The Monday meeting will be held in Room 103 and will begin at 3:45 pm.
• Parents are welcome to explore downtown or wait in our school commons as students take the test. As it is a timed test, they will not be finished before the noted end time.
• The test is taken only once and we encourage students to take it at the school of their first choice.
• Indicate on the registration form if you wish for St. Mary’s to send your HSPT scores to another Portland area Catholic high school.
• The fee for the exam is $20. Pencils and a snack during break time is included with this fee. You may pay online via pay pal.