St. Mary’s Academy administers the Scholastic Testing Service’s (STS) High School Placement Test (HSPT) to all eighth-grade applicants. Please note that while the name of the test implies "placement", St. Mary's uses the test scores to determine qualification for admission and eligibility for the Academic Scholarships, not for class placement after being admitted.
Please note: Transfer applicants do not need to take the HSPT. It is only an admissions requirement for freshman applicants.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR THE HSPT WILL OPEN ON OCTOBER 1, 2015.
• St. Mary’s administers the placement test on Saturday, December 5, 2015 from 8:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Students are encourage to sign up for the Saturday test. SMA also administers the test on Monday, December 7, 2015 from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• Once the test is underway, SMA Administrators will hold a parent information meeting to review how to read test results and explain how St. Mary's uses the test scores. The Saturday parent meeting will be held in the student commons and will begin at 9:00 am. The Monday parent meeting will begin at 3:45 pm.
• Parents are welcome to explore downtown or wait in our school commons as students take the test. As it is a timed test, they will not be finished before the noted end time.
• The test is taken only once and we encourage students to take it at the school of their first choice.
• Indicate on the registration form if you wish for St. Mary’s to send your HSPT scores to another Portland area Catholic high school.
• The fee for the exam is $25. Pencils and a snack during break time is included with this fee.