Freshman applicants for the 2015-2016 school year should follow the below steps to complete the application process.
This checklist does not apply to transfer or international applicants. Please visit the Transfer Students or International Students webpages for further information. Freshman Application Checklist
- Click here to schedule a shadow visit. Visits begin in October and end in April. Early scheduling is recommended as dates fill up quickly.
- Attend our Open House on Sunday, October 26. Drop in anytime from 1-4pm.
- Register for the High School Placement Test at St. Mary's Academy (registration opens on October 1). Testing is offered Saturday, December 6, 2014 from 8:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and Monday, December 8, 2014 from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. If the Placement Exam is taken at another Catholic high school, request that scores be sent to St. Mary's. If you miss the December Placement Exam, contact the Office of Admissions to learn about make-up options. Call the admissions office at 503-721-7725 to inquire about registration.
- Apply for Financial Aid (if applicable). Forms can be submitted online or you can send a hardcopy form to the processing center in Cleveland, Ohio by January 16, 2015.
PRIVATE SCHOOL AID SERVICE
P.O. BOX 89434
CLEVELAND, OHIO 44101-6434
- Apply for Scholarships (optional). Completed applications must be received by the Office of Admissions by January 30, 2015.
- Distribute the below forms to the appropriate people at your daughter's current middle school. Recommendation forms and middle school transcripts should be completed and received by the Office of Admissions by February 3, 2015. (Teachers should have at least one quarter of instruction with student prior to filling out a recommendation form.)
Principal/Counselor Recommendation Form
Math Teacher Recommendation Form
English Teacher Recommendation Form
Request for Records Form
(Please note that middle school transcripts must include final grades for seventh grade through the first semester/trimester of the applicant's 8th grade year. Schools should send these records once the first semester/trimester has been completed.)
- Attend a Family Interview. After receiving your online application, the Office of Admissions will contact you to schedule a family interview. Interviews will take place in late January.