Freshman Application Checklist
Freshman applicants for the 2016-17 school year should follow the below steps to complete the application process.
This checklist does not apply to transfer or international applicants. Please visit the Transfer Students or International Students webpages for further information. Freshman Application Checklist
- Click here to schedule a shadow visit. Visits begin in October and end in April. Early scheduling is recommended as dates fill up quickly. Online cheduling opens on September 1.
- Attend our Open House on Sunday, November 1 from 1-4pm. To ensure a meaningful experience for our guests we recommend families with last names starting with A-L arrive between 1-2pm and M-Z arrive after 2pm. Final tours will be given at 3:15pm.
- Register for the High School Placement Test at St. Mary's Academy (registration opens on October 1). Testing is offered Saturday, December 5, 2015 from 8:45am to 1:30pm. and Monday, December 7, 2015 from 3:30pm to 7:30pm. If the Placement Exam is taken at another Catholic high school, request that scores be sent to St. Mary's. If you miss the December Placement Exam, contact the Office of Admissions to learn about make-up options. Call the admissions office at 503-721-7725 to inquire about registration.
- Submit an Online Application by January 15, 2016.
- Apply for Financial Aid (if applicable). Forms can be submitted online or you can send a hardcopy form to the processing center in Cleveland, Ohio by January 15, 2016.
PRIVATE SCHOOL AID SERVICE
P.O. BOX 89434
CLEVELAND, OHIO 44101-6434
- Apply for Scholarships (optional). Completed applications must be received by the Office of Admissions by January 29, 2016.
- Request Teacher Recommendations and Transcripts. All applicants are required to submit an English, math, and Principal or Counselor Recommendation form. Recommendations forms are submitted online and students can only access the online request form once they have submitted an application. You will see the link to access these forms in the Applications Submission Confirmation page. All applicants are required to submit recent transcripts. Freshman applicants must submit transcripts for 7th grade through first semester of 8th grade. Transcript requests are done online using the same link as recommendation requests.
- Attend a Family Interview. After receiving your online application, the Office of Admissions will contact you to schedule a family interview. Interviews will take place in late January.