Freshman Application Checklist
The following are important dates and deadlines for students applying to be freshmen in the St. Mary's Class of 2022.
This checklist does not apply to transfer or international applicants. Please visit the Transfer and International Students webpage for further information.
- Click here to schedule a shadow visit. Visits begin in October and end in April. Early scheduling is recommended as dates fill up quickly.
- Take the High School Placement Test. Testing is offered Saturday, December 2, 2017 from 8:45am to 1:00pm. and Monday, December 4, 2017 from 3:30pm to 7:30pm at St. Mary's Academy. If the Placement Test is taken at another Catholic high school, request that scores be sent to St. Mary's. If you miss the December Placement Test, contact the Office of Admissions to learn about make-up options. Call 503-721-7725 to learn more.
- Submit an online application by January 12, 2018.
- Apply for financial aid (if applicable) by January 12, 2018. Forms can be submitted online or you can request a paper application by contacting the St. Mary's Finance Office.
- Apply for endowed scholarships (optional). Completed applications must be received by the Office of Admissions by January 26, 2018.
- Request teacher recommendations/7th and 8th grade transcripts. Recommendation and transcript requests are completed online via Schoolrecs. Transcripts and recommendations are due to St. Mary's by February 2, 2018.
- In early December, the link to the online recommendation portal for St. Mary's will be sent via e-mail to each student who takes the High School Placement Test at St. Mary's or who submits an application for admission to St. Mary's. While Schoolrecs is our preferred method to receive recommendations, you are welcome to use these PDFs to give to your teachers/school:
- Click here for step-by-step instructions for using Schoolrecs
- Attend a Family Interview. In
January, the Office of Admissions will contact all applicants to schedule a Family Interview.
All applicants must attend an interview on January 25, 27 or 30, 2018.
- Decision letters. All decision and financial aid award letters will be mailed to families on March 15, 2018. The Enrollment Fee of $250 and Enrollment Confirmation Form are due on or before April 3, 2018.