Freshman Application Checklist
The following are important dates and deadlines for students applying to be freshmen in the St. Mary's Class of 2021.
This checklist does not apply to transfer or international applicants. Please visit the Transfer and International Students webpage for further information.
- Click here to schedule a shadow visit. Visits begin in October and end in April. Early scheduling is recommended as dates fill up quickly.
- Take the High School Placement Test. Testing is offered Saturday, December 3, 2016 from 8:45am to 1:00pm. and Monday, December 5, 2016 from 3:30pm to 7:30pm at St. Mary's Academy. If the Placement Test is taken at another Catholic high school, request that scores be sent to St. Mary's. If you miss the December Placement Test, contact the Office of Admissions to learn about make-up options. Call 503-721-7725 to learn more.
- Submit an online application by January 16, 2017 - Deadline Extended
- Apply for financial aid (if applicable) by January 16, 2017 - Deadline Extended
- Apply for endowed scholarships (optional). Completed applications must be received by the Office of Admissions by February 1, 2017 - Deadline Extended.
- Request teacher recommendations/7th and 8th grade transcripts. Recommendation and transcript requests are completed online via Schoolrecs.com. In early December, the link to the online recommendation system will be sent via email to each student who takes the High School Placement Test at St. Mary's or submits an application for admission to St. Mary's. If you are unable to access the online recommendation center, use these PDFs to give to your teachers/school:
- Attend a Family Interview. In
January, the Office of Admissions will contact you to schedule a Family Interview.
All applicants must attend an interview on January 26, 28 or 31, 2017.
letters. All decision and financial aid award letters will be mailed on March 16, 2017. The Enrollment Fee of $250 and Enrollment Confirmation Form are due on or before April 3, 2017.