Freshman Application Checklist
The following are important dates and deadlines for students applying to be freshmen in the St. Mary's Class of 2022.
This checklist does not apply to transfer or international applicants. Please visit the Transfer and International Students webpage for further information.
- Click here to schedule a shadow visit. Visits begin in October and end in April. Early scheduling is recommended as dates fill up quickly.
- Take the High School Placement Test. Testing is offered Saturday, December 2, 2017 from 8:45am to 1:00pm. and Monday, December 4, 2017 from 3:30pm to 7:30pm at St. Mary's Academy. If the Placement Test is taken at another Catholic high school, request that scores be sent to St. Mary's. If you miss the December Placement Test, contact the Office of Admissions to learn about make-up options. Call 503-721-7725 to learn more.
- Submit an online application by January 12, 2018. The online application form will be available on October 17, 2017 for students applying for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Apply for financial aid (if applicable) by January 12, 2018. Forms can be submitted online or you can request a paper application by contacting the St. Mary's Finance Office.
- Apply for endowed scholarships (optional). Completed applications must be received by the Office of Admissions by January 26, 2017. The application form for scholarships will be available online in late November 2017.
- Request teacher recommendations/7th and 8th grade transcripts. Recommendation and transcript requests are completed online via Schoolrecs.com. In early December, the link to the online recommendation system will be sent via email to each student who takes the High School Placement Test at St. Mary's or submits an application for admission to St. Mary's.
- Attend a Family Interview. In
January, the Office of Admissions will contact all applicants to schedule a Family Interview.
All applicants must attend an interview on January 25, 27 or 30, 2018.
- Decision letters. All decision and financial aid award letters will be mailed to families on March 15, 2018. The Enrollment Fee of $250 and Enrollment Confirmation Form are due on or before April 3, 2018.