In the Learning Center, Ms. Gilbert and Ms. Moller coordinate to offer Study Skills and Study classes, individual student support, student workshops, and opportunities to work independently, with a teacher, or tutor in a quiet relaxed setting outside class times.
The L.C. can be found in Room 204 in Sophomore Hall and is open at lunch daily. It is also open after school on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 3:15 to 4:15 with different teachers in charge. In addition, students can work in the Commons on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 3:00 to 4:00 with Academic Peer Tutors, who can offer assistance.
Learning Center Teachers
Estell (Ellie) Gilbert
- B.S. Secondary Education, Lubbock Christian University
- M.Ed., Lewis & Clark College
- English Learning Specialist
- Teaches English 9 and Study Skills/ Study
- BA German, Math Ed., Purdue University
- Lunch Study Coordinator
- Teaches Study Skills/ Study
- Coordinates Information about Adult and NHS Tutors